The Raw Feed
Where technology and culture collide

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dell netbook catches fire, burns hole in floor.

A woman's Dell Mini 9 suddenly made a "popping noise" -- never a good sign -- then began to "hiss and sizzle" and fill the room with smoke. She nudged it with her foot, and discovered that it burned her floor. (Probably a good thing she didn't have carpet.) Dell replaced it, and says they're investigating. 

Comments:

Blogger Graeme Wood said...

Amusing. My own Dell Mini 9 has had serial battery malfunctions, including scalding overheats that have burnt the screen, and that (I imagine) could easily escalate into the situation above.

Dell, of course, won't give a refund. Lesson learned.

Saturday, December 26, 2009 10:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Shadyman said...

Duuuuuude.

Sunday, December 27, 2009 12:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Steven Hausman said...

The Mystery Pic o' the Week is a poster from a 1958 film. It was a parody of other types of size-changing films of the era.

Friday, February 12, 2010 12:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Like The Raw Feed? Then you'll LOVE the FREE Mike's List newsletter!