The Raw Feed
Where technology and culture collide

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Do YOU have 'Offline Stress Disorder?'

You hear a lot about Internet addiction. Camps and rehab clinics have sprung up all over China, and even in the United States, to help cure victims. I've noticed a related malady -- it has no established name; let's call it Offline Stress Disorder -- which is a mental or emotional state of anxiety caused by not using the Internet, or the knowledge that an Internet connection is not available. Do YOU have it?

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I suffered from it. Ever since '93 I seldom missed a day online. This year I deliberately choose to go on vacation and leave all the gadgets (except for my photostuff) home. I felt uneasy for 3 days, but then felt liberated. Coming home after those three weeks, I was as reborn.

Saturday, October 17, 2009 8:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can leave the internet alone for a few days without a problem, but if the connection itself is down it is utter panic.

Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Like The Raw Feed? Then you'll LOVE the FREE Mike's List newsletter!