The Raw Feed
Where technology and culture collide

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why I'm quitting Google Reader.

RSS is the life blood of my work. I rely on it to keep me informed on the industry in a timely fashion. Long ago, I switched to Google Reader, because it did what I wanted it to do: It displayed my subscriptions in reverse-chronological order. At some point, Google added sharing. I ignored it. That is, until Buzz came out. Google decided that everyone you choose to follow on Buzz would also automatically be followed on Google Reader as well. It's as if all the movies, photos, blog entries and e-mails of every person you followed on Twitter suddenly came flooding into your inbox every minute of the day. It would be fine if I could turn if off somehow. But I can't. Go here to read the rest

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Like The Raw Feed? Then you'll LOVE the FREE Mike's List newsletter!