The Raw Feed
Where technology and culture collide

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Why the iPad is the most important launch in Apple's history.

I think the iPad is the most important launch in Apple's history -- bigger than Mac, iPod or iPhone. More important, I think it's the most significant cultural phenomenon of this generation. It's bigger than technology. I'm no fanboy. I've tried to envision some conceivable series of events that might leave the iPad as only moderately successful, but I can't come up with any. All circumstances, facts and events in technology, media and elsewhere seem to point to the same inexorable outcome: The iPad will be huge

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep smoking whatever it is your puffing on . . . .

Saturday, March 27, 2010 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Pirilampo said...

I think the iPad will be huge for one big reason: C O L O R!!!! This is the electronic book everyone has been waiting for. And can you imagine, as electronic books and magazines get more sophisticated, the ability to read a novel that has LINKS in it. It would be cool to read Dan Brown's "da vinci code" and click on links to see the art work mentioned in the book, or have embedded graphics and movies in the book. You are right...this iPad will take off. Can you also imagine giving a lecture and forgetting about the overhead projector. Everybody has an iPad and can see your photos/presentation withing arms reach, I think the applications go on and on.

Sunday, March 28, 2010 8:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Scotty said...

I agree with you, the iPad is a pretty significant event for Apple but I disagree with you in the degree of success it will have. Once again Apple has shown its not a main stream player, its a niche player. They have kludged together a giant cell phone with all of the limitations of their existing products. Will they sell a lot of them? Oh sure, to people that have to have the newest toys or to Apple fan boys. Frankly I'll save my money for the tablets coming out later with 2GB of RAM and SSD Drives.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 7:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Like The Raw Feed? Then you'll LOVE the FREE Mike's List newsletter!